Sunday 18 May 2014

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome!

This is my first blog, ever, and to begin I wanted to introduce what its about and what I'm trying to achieve through the blog. As a HUGE fan of TV and Film I felt that just talking about films wasn't enough. I want to discuss them, go into great depth, and put my opinions out there for people to see. Film and TV are an art form, perhaps the most evaluated and lauded art form out there, and are just ripe for evaluation. TV has extended itself to such a point that it now has to be equal, if not better than its Film counterpart. While it may be an incredibly ironic statement, Film has become more and more commercialized to the point of saturation. Original projects are few and far between, while artistic integrity is shunned and rejected by studios attempting to make more money. While TV is of course a commercial format, the rise of quality has allowed greater original projects to arise and be successful, which is something that just isn't possible in the world of Film. In a sad way, I'm writing this blog to commemorate my favorite TV show that has recently just been cancelled. It's death and other shows continued existence on the airwaves proves that even now in the so called 'Golden Era' of TV, generalized mass-target audience TV still makes way, over the corpses of smaller yet infinitesimally better TV shows.

Hope fully the first of many posts. In the near future I'll be mainly concentrating on TV and the rise of the Single Camera Comedy. Some of the TV shows I'll be discussing:


  • Community 
  • 30 Rock 
  • Parks and Recreation 
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Girls 
  • Louie  
  • The Office (Both English and American)
  • Arrested Development 

No comments:

Post a Comment